Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our 4th of July

Our 4th of July was one packed in day. The town of Cornwall, were we now live, is filled with patriotic heritage and so they have a high standard for their 4th of July. We were able to enjoy a great parade that show cased colonial costumes as well as today's military men and machinery, (Cole especially enjoyed that). We played and tried the barbecue at the fair(not nearly as good as the south's) and then were entertained by a local reenactment of the Revolutionary War up to Independence Day. The kids were pretty tuckered out by then so we got to see only half of it. We ended up waiting another 4 hours for the fireworks which started at 10 p.m., and by that time the kids were fast asleep and we were wishing we were in bed too!






This is for all the moms that never post pictures of themselves on their blog. Hand the camera to your husband and let him take a picture of you and the kids. I then dare you to post it!!!













I was as tired as I looked in this photo! Cole was even more tired and Ila sure shows a good front.

All tuckered out!


3 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

So cute. The music is perfect for the new posts - down home and folksy just like the Jones farm. I hope Ila is doing okay. She has been in our thoughts and prayers. We just love your little monkeys so much. Hope you got your burner and are enjoying it. Love you!

Cindy said...

Sounds like a fun...very tiring day! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering when you would resurface again after the move! Believe me...I understand! I hope the move went well~ Looks like you are enjoying your new area!

julie said...

It is so great to hear what you guys have been up to! I hope the move went well. It looks like you had such on good day on the 4th. I love that picture of Ila when you and Cole were so tired. It is such a cute pic of her!