Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ila's Fall from Grace or Ungracefull Fall



So it was extreemly sweet celebrating Ila's birthday this week, especially after her fall two Sunday's past. For most of you who don't know, Ila was running on the pews after Church with her brother. When I walked over to keep her from falling she doubled her speed back to the other end of the pew where dad was. She almost had made it but missed the last step and fell hard to the ground. She has fallen before and even though I hope this would be the last I'm sure it won't be. Anyways, after I picked her up she started to cry and her eyes rolled back and she had a seizure. It only lasted 5- 10 seconds but it felt longer. We took her to the ER and the doctors ran a cat scan and she was fine. I just wanted to thank everyone for their prayers on her behalf and know that the power of prayer makes itself manifest daily. With Ila, I have definitely learned the art of embracing each moment with her and the uncertainty of what she will do next.

5 comments:

sladefamilyaz said...

Happy Birthday Ila! We love you and are so glad you're okay.

Jaime said...

Happy Bday. I know that is so scary to see, but I'm glad she's ok. She is beautiful! Take care! And thanks for the sweet message on my memory post:)

Jaime said...

ps, i just now saw your memory post, so i added one there, too

julie said...

Alaina, I am so sorry. I know that must have been very scary for you. I remember you telling me about the seizures. I hope she is okay, and doesn't have any more falls or seizures! Ila is such a doll! I love the pic at the top of your blog.

The Flynn's said...

Wow, lots of updates. I love all the pictures, especially the ones of the horses. They're beautiful. That is so scary about Ila. I'm sure you were so scared. I would have been a mess. I hope she doesn't have any more problems!