Monday, April 20, 2009

NEW YORK, NEW YORK!

This was our second trip to the temple and our first walk through Central Park and to the Metropolitan Museum of Art! Our trip started off with a bus stuck on a hill, we finally got around it and made it on time to the Manhattan temple. This trip was extremely special to me because it was the first time I was able to do work for my ancestors. If you want to learn more about temples and the ordinances preformed there just check out www.mormon.org and search Temples.
If you look closely you can see the back tires are off the ground. The hill was too steep. This happened in Fort Montgomery, about 10 minutes into our trip from West Point.
This is the Manhattan Temple.

It seemed everyone was soaking up some rays at Central Park. This was a photograph of some medieval sculptures inside the museum. I couldn't use my flash and it was too dark so I gave up after this one.


Here we are walking back through central park at dusk.



It was a perfect packed day thanks to our friends, Christy, John, Jack, Mitchell, Corine and Pearl for entertaining our kids while we were away!


















2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. We miss you

sladefamilyaz said...

I am so excited that you got to go to the art museum. I can't wait for you to take me there when I visit you. Are we on for 2012 or what?